Monday, April 16, 2012

Eagle Creek

Hey everyone! It's tournament time again! We're playing at Eagle Creek this weekend. I played my practice round yesterday morning, and got a nice, LONG look at the course! It was a Sunday morning so the course was packed. Unfortunately, it was a slow moving day, but at least I had time to hit various approach shots, chips, and putts.

This course is definitely playing longer than last week's tournament at Falcon's Fire, especially if the wind is strong like it was yesterday. There's an extra par 5, so par will be a 73 this week. This course also has an interesting array of pot bunkers. There's a good bit of sand in general, but it's a little unusual to see so many pot bunkers....needless to say, I'm going to try & hit the greens, hahaha!

Today, I had a good practice session at Eagle Creek. I spent the majority of my time on the putting green. We made a pretty big adjustment to my putting setup at my lesson Friday, so it's taking some time to get comfortable. Also, I wanted to do as much as possible to get comfortable with the speed of the greens here since that was such a struggle last week. After a lot of putting, I spent a long time practicing out of the bunkers and a variety of chip shots around the green. They didn't have any pot bunkers in the practice area, but I worked on high lofted sand shots. Obviously, my goal is the green in regulation...but I'd like to be prepared, too! I hit balls at the range, and then finished up where I began this morning: putting.

I was really pleased with both my practice round yesterday & my practice session today. I'm feeling pretty comfortable with my new putting setup as well as the green speed. My ball striking seems to be getting better, too. Hopefully it will all come together in tomorrow's round! I tee off at 11:18 EST! I'd appreciate any thoughts & prayers you could send my way! Thanks so much for checking in & have a great night!



Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment