Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Eagle Creek - Round One

Today was a good day!

My warm up wasn't the best. I didn't feel confident in my ball striking & was still a little nervous about using the new putting setup. I got off to a good start, though, making pars my first few holes with a GREAT save on the second. In fact, I managed to make the turn at even par!

The back nine is tough, & I made a conscious effort at the turn to refocus on fairways & greens. I hit the green on #10 & #11 and even had about 15' birdie chances! I gave them a good roll, but neither putt fell. I told myself to stay patient & keep giving myself opportunities by hitting greens. On the next hole, my approach came up short of the green. I had a pretty lengthy chip that probably would have rolled a few feet by the hole if it hadn't hit the flagstick & gone in...for birdie!!! The next hole was a par 5. I hit my approach shot to about 5' & made the putt! My one (and only...another positive on today's round) bogey resulted from a misclub on the next par 4. I was putting from the fringe above the hole. It was a very slippery pin location, and unfortunately I didn't make the slider for par coming back. I had two good approach shots on #16 & #17, making both putts for birdie! My birdie putt on the last hole came up just short & I tapped in for par!

I ended up carding a 3 under, 70 for the day! I was very pleased with my score today! I was thankful that I hit a lot of greens (14) & when I missed the green I was able to "miss" in the better places...if that makes sense. My chipping was good, too. My speed control over my putts was much better today, and I gained some confidence with the new set up.

After the round, I went to the range & tried to work out the shakiness in my swing. I didn't hit it all that bad today, but I had hit it so well over the weekend that I was a bit disappointed. I think I just didn't get into a good tempo this morning. I seemed to have a better tempo afterwards. Either way, I was very pleased with a swing that could still make it around the golf course even when I wasn't swinging my best! I was still able to hit greens and give myself opportunities! I also worked some more on chipping & sand shots this afternoon. I finished my practice by reinforcing speed control & stroke on the putting green.

I tee off tomorrow at 10:24 EST! Thanks so much for all of your thoughts, prayers, & encouraging comments! I am so very thankful for the support! Have a great night!



Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment