Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Recent Updates

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! As the Symetra Tour (aka, Futures Tour) & the LPGA get into a full summer swing, I wanted to update all of you on a recent decision of mine. I played in the U.S. Women's Open qualifier last week in Atlanta, Georgia. The course was tough, with a lot of elevation changes, fast greens, & dog legs. The thing that hurt me the most, however, was the length. I didn't score well at all, carding an 81 that morning followed by a 76 that afternoon. While short game is imperative to a good round, it makes things all the more difficult if you have hybrids/woods in your hand into a majority of the greens. My stats for hitting the greens with hose clubs were slim & the chances of you making every up & down decrease as you miss more greens. Basically, I came to this conclusion: I will not be able to contend on the LPGA (which of course is the ultimate goal) in the way that I would like unless I gain some yardage off the tee. With that being concluded, I pulled out of the upcoming Symetra Tour events, instead, choosing to work on the issue of gaining yardage. I will still play in tournaments but not until I have addressed this problem & see some progress. Thank you all for your support, & I wanted to let you know why my blog might be quiet for a while. I have already identified some swing flaws, and look forward to working hard on making the changes necessary to my swing. I'm hopeful that this will help me to be blogging again soon! Thanks again for your support! Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment